Monday, December 20, 2010

The Final Count Down! (and an introduction to my pets)

10 days and counting until Hubs and I leave this God forsaken island! Last week the moving company came and packed up all our household items so we are currently living on an air mattress in our living room. Our only real form of entertainment is out laptop and Netflix subscription.


If you don't have Netfilx I highly recommend it. We have recently started watching the Showtime series Dexter and we love it. Warning: Dexter is not suitable for children or those with a faint heart or weak stomach.




I know that this show has been around for a few years but to those who haven't seen it yet, here is my little breakdown:
Dexter is a forensic investigator with the Miami Police Department, he is also a serial killer. He kills criminals that get away with murder and then chops them up and throws them into the ocean. He spends his life trying to keep his secret from the people who love him and does everything in his power to not get caught. It's a great show and hubby and I really enjoy it!


Now in other news:
Work is really creeping by. Because I am leaving so soon, I really have nothing left to do at work so I just sit around and twiddle my thumbs. Of course they won't let me go home and try to accomplish the list of crap I have to do there. That's the US Navy for ya!
Last week we found a realtor in North Carolina that is helping us find a short term rental that won't reject our dogs. So far he has been an amazing help. In fact it looks like he found us a place! Its a two story house on the outskirts of Jacksonville and the property owner has no issues what-so-ever with our dogs. We are really hoping everything works out with this place so we can have one less thing to worry about!
Speaking of our dogs, it is going to cost a butt load to put them on the plane. The two big ones will be $200 each and the wiener dog is coming on board the plane with me and that is costing $125. I can't believe I have to pay that much for her as a carry on... it's outrageous!
I have been talking about my fur children a lot lately so I figured its time to introduce you. Here are some pictures:

This is Lady-Bird and Booker. Lady-Bird was our first dog. We adopted her from the humane society and we were told that she may be Golden Retriever-Mix. She is very sweet and she loves to cuddle. She also enjoys wrestling with Booker.

Booker was the third addition to our family. We got him from a friend who wasn't able to care for him anymore. He is a German Short Haired Pointer/ Pit Bull mix. He is soooo adorable and loves to play and cuddle. He thinks he's a lap dog and he loves to lick your face! He also gives pretty good hugs!

This is Lady-Bird and Vienna sharing the kennel. I don't have very good pictures of Vienna because she HATES the camera... if you even point a lens at her, she runs and hides. It's pretty funny. Vienna is a Dachshund. She is pretty old (we think around 11 or 12 years) and we found her on craigslist. She likes to sleep in the bed with us under the covers or just above our heads on our pillows. Her favorite treat is cheese and she loves to take car rides!

If you would like to leave a comment with a short introduction to your pets I would love to read them! I love to see what kind of personalities pet owners associate with their pets!

No comments:

Post a Comment